Everybody wants to look their best. More men than ever before are seeking out plastic surgery and medical-grade skincare to help them feel confident and attractive. Here at Persons Plastic Surgery, Dr. Barbara Persons offers a variety of surgical and nonsurgical treatment to help men from all over the Bay Area look and feel their best.
Dr. Persons specializes in achieving natural-looking results for men and women, and tailors the treatment to suit the individual’s goals and desires. She offers high-definition body contouring for men, using a combination of liposuction and fat transfer to remove unwanted fat from trouble areas and transferring it to areas where the fat is needed.
Body Contouring for Men
When it comes to achieving a sculpted, muscular look, exercise can help, but liposuction with abdominal etching and fat transfer can help you achieve your aesthetic goals. Using a cannula to remove excess fat and reshape the abdomen then redistributing that fat to other areas of the body, Dr. Persons can define the abdomen, flatten the stomach, and reduce the appearance of love handles.
During the procedure, Dr. Persons will use the cannula to remove pockets of unwanted fat and to emphasize muscle definition to highlight a six pack, taper the waist, and slim the back. Once the fat is removed, Dr. Persons will prep it for transfer, then graft the fat to the chest, buttocks, or abdomen to refine the male physique and enhance the appearance of musculature. She is careful to place the incisions along the waistline and in the natural folds of the chest and buttocks where they will be covered by underwear or a bathing suit to minimize their visibility.
Since men tend to have a higher muscle-to-fat ratio, removing unwanted fat from the abdomen, back, flanks, and sides is simpler than when performing liposuction on a female body, but it requires special techniques to remove fat, transfer it to the chest, butt, or face, and achieve the desired result. It’s important to select a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Barbara Persons for a complicated procedure like this in order to ensure that you get the results you want.
Other Plastic Surgery Procedures for Men
All of the face and body plastic surgery procedures Dr. Persons performs are available for men as well as women. In addition to high-def body contouring, some of the most popular procedures for men include the following:
- Tummy tuck: Often performed on men who have lost significant weight and have excess skin remaining, a tummy tuck can tighten the abdomen and remove excess skin and fat, resulting in a flatter abdomen.
- Brazilian butt lift: This fat transfer procedure involves taking excess fat from other areas of the body via liposuction and transferring it to the buttocks to enhance their size and shape.
- Inner thigh lift: This procedure is performed on men who have lost a large amount of weight and have sagging, loose skin on their legs and thighs. By removing the excess skin and fat, Dr. Persons is able to tighten the skin and improve the appearance of the thighs.
- Male breast reduction: For men who have developed excess breast tissue and fat in the breasts, this procedure often combines liposuction and tissue excision to reduce the size of the breasts and achieve a more masculine appearance.
- Facelift/ neck lift: As we age, the skin on the face and neck tends to loosen and sag. Using specialized techniques specially for men, Dr. Persons removes excess skin, and repositions it to have a tighter, lifted appearance while maintaining the masculine contours of the face, neck and jawline.
- Brow lift: This procedure involves lifting and tightening the forehead to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and strengthen the brow line.
- Eyelid surgery: This procedure can be performed on the upper and lower eyelids, reducing excess skin, removing pockets of fat that cause under-eye bags, and tightening the skin around the eyes to achieve a more youthful appearance.
- Rhinoplasty: A popular procedure for men and women of all ages, rhinoplasty reshapes the nose, altering the profile and often improving breathing.
- Chin augmentation: Designed to enhance the appearance of the chin and jawline, this procedure often includes adding a prosthetic to create the appearance of a square jaw and tightening the skin to achieve a more masculine jawline.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: This nonsurgical injectable is used to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles in the face and neck.
- Dermal fillers: Injectable fillers help fill in deep lines and wrinkles as well as reshape areas of the face where volume has been lost due to aging.
Dr. Persons often combines liposuction with fat transfer and tummy tuck for men who are looking to achieve a more masculine shape for their abdomen. Depending on the extent of the changes you are seeking, Dr. Persons will tailor the procedure and will often combine procedures to help you achieve the look you desire.
During your consultation, Dr. Persons will discuss your goals and help set realistic expectations for the outcome. She will identify a treatment plan that may include a combination of surgical and nonsurgical procedures to help you reach your desired outcome.
Ensuring Lasting Results
Liposuction permanently removes fat from the treatment areas, but it is possible to gain weight again, so it’s important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise after your procedure. Liposuction is a shape changer, not a weight changer. In order for the procedure to be successful, lifestyle changes are a must to maintain your results. If you are ready to learn more about high-definition body contouring for men, please contact Dr. Persons’ practice at (925) 283-4012 or request a consultation.